Reports To: IT Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
The IT Support Specialist provides technical support to system users and First Place for Youth staff across all locations. The IT support specialist evaluates user needs, defines technical problems and assists customer in implementing solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. The Help Desk Specialist will deliver excellent support with issues related to (but are not limited to) operating system problems, network troubleshooting, new-hire equipment and application troubleshooting, video conferencing, maintenance and troubleshooting of printers, copiers, fax machine phone system etc.
• The IT Support specialist will be responsible for Installing, configuring and supporting Windows computers, printers and peripherals and Providing first tier technical support to end users, both on-site and remote. The position will be responsible for end user support of corporate applications, including Microsoft Office 365, Exchange and SharePoint.
• The IT specialist will be responsible for receiving and responding to incoming Helpdesk tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding problems. Ensure that physical desktop/laptops/tablets are in proper working order and accurately document instances of desktop/laptop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• This position is the primary point of contact for the network: Wi-Fi APs, security devices, LAN,
WAN, VPN & other networking systems.
• Responsible for Creation and termination of Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes.
• Troubleshooting TCP/IP and network issues.
• Responsible for designing and implementing SharePoint lists, libraries, custom forms, and data roll-ups beyond out-of-the-box capabilities.
• Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the platform components; installs and configures patches and upgrades.
• Collaborate with server and network team to ensure efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
Equipment Support and Vendor Management
• The IT support specialist will providing audio/visual support for meetings and conferences including support of VOIP telephone systems
• Coordinate with remote sites and third parties for testing and conducting video and audio conferences.
• Responsible for maintaining printer, copier and fax machines.
• Documenting IT assets and maintaining IT inventory.
• Supporting smartphone connectivity to Office 365 applications.
Training and Documentation
• The IT support specialist will be responsible for documenting new procedures as appropriate and consistently following existing procedures.
• The position will assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging,
reporting, and statistically monitoring operations
• Create documentation for frequently asked questions
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
• Two to four years of related IT experience required.
• At least 2 years working experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, anti-virus, and Adobe
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in troubleshooting.
• Previous experience in a desktop support role is a plus
• Exceptional working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications. Microsoft certification is a plus.
• Experience with audio/visual conferencing systems
• Excellent technical knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile computing devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.).
• Experience with spyware and malware removal.
• Must have Knowledge of security policies and practices.
• Must enjoy interacting with end users at all levels of the company and must have Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and A strong technical problem solver
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=234578&source=CC2&lang=en_US