Reports To: Regional Director of Programs -ACSF and Santa Clara
Location: Alameda County/SF
Schedule: Availability for some evening and weekend work and for travel as needed.
The Clinical/County Manager is an energetic, collaborative and results-oriented leader who will supervise Master’s level social work and multi-disciplinary case management staff and manage overall operations of an integrated services program including housing, employment and education, My First Place, for 18-24-year-old transition-age foster and former foster youth.
The Manager provides leadership to a staff team of 7 professionals and additional support staff ensuring effective, accurate program implementation, excellence in participant care, adherence to First Place for Youth policies, and efficient operations. The Manager is responsible to monitor outcomes toward achieving program and individual youth outcomes. The Manager participates on the middle management team and is responsible to coordinate with other agency departments, hire and evaluate staff teams, develop resources and implement training to ensure a well-trained high functioning team, and to provide direct oversight of all aspects of program to ensure quality and compliance.
The Clinical/County Manager reports to the Regional Director of Programs. This position requires a clinical professional whose passion for First Place’s vision is matched with energetic leadership, sound judgment in the face of complex challenges, and a proven track record of successfully managing direct-service teams.
Program Staff Supervision
- Hire, train, develop and supervise a multi-disciplinary team of social work and case management staff including Youth Advocates/Social Workers and Employment and Education Specialists. Lead team members in setting personal and program-wide work goals and in maintaining accountability for goal achievement. Facilitate regular weekly program staff meetings. Conduct annual reviews of direct
- Ensure fidelity to program model through weekly individual supervision with each staff person including routine field observations of staff. Lead or co-lead a supervision group for staff working toward licensure, as assigned. Monitor staff effectiveness and support professional growth through review of outcome and practice data.
- Provide training and consultation grounded in evidence-based practice and First Place for Youth guiding principles including but not limited to trauma-informed care, positive youth development, motivational interviewing. With management team, implement, train, and coach staff in best practice strategies.
- Ensure quality of services and accuracy and timeliness of all aspects of participant records including timely submission of all utilization, fidelity and outcome data. Participate in meetings to review participant progress and utilize data to evaluate progress and consider strategies to recalibrate intervention to ensure Include development of team-based strategies and excellent collaboration among team members.
- Ensure that all My First Place staff are aligned with mission, values, and goals of First Place, capable of acting as ambassadors for the agency at all times, and focused on achieving outcomes, including integrated use of data and evaluative
- May provide direct intervention as needed including consultative support, crisis intervention, participation in or facilitation of meetings with youth, county workers, and others, conflict
- Oversee day-to-day operations and effective functioning of assigned team; track outcomes, manage budget and grants, implement case plans, contribute to and ensure compliance with program policy and ensure retention of youth in
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff on all components and processes of First Place for Youth program with particular emphasis on assigned program.
- As assigned, implement intake and referral system to ensure full census, low vacancy, and retention of youth in program. Effectively manage team to ensure baseline assessments and summaries are timely and
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners including County Social Work and Probation staff and
- Participate in the implementation of First Place’s outreach and marketing strategy to promote referrals, education about services, and utilization of First Place programming and services as
- Champion Continuous Quality Improvement and participate on other committees as
Leadership and Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Work closely with the Director of Programs and the Management Team to provide leadership to the organization’s Support on-going development and evaluation of highly effective programs and organizational systems. Collaborate to ensure that housing and support services are being effectively and cohesively delivered to all youth in the region. Contribute to the development of and ensure adherence to aggressive, measurable, and strategic operational and performance goals for each program. Actively participate in regularly scheduled Managers meetings, agency staff meetings, and individual supervision with the Regional Director of Programs.
- Provide strategic direction to First Place’s programs, utilizing data from assessments, reports and evaluations to recommend improvements to the program and interventions employed with youth Incorporate performance management best practices in the management and delivery of services to improve retention and increase outcomes.
- Ensure efficient and reliable program operations through compliance with First Place policies and protocols and all regulatory requirements.
- Work with referral agencies, community resource organizations and First Place staff to develop creative ways for participants to practice and strengthen their independent living
- Work collaboratively with the Housing Manager to ensure cohesive delivery of property management services according to First Place policies and
- Provide local leadership including ensuring safe office environment. Liaise with Finance, Housing, Compliance, Talent, Development and other departments to achieve effective, efficient
- Professionally and effectively represent the agency as needed at regularly scheduled meetings with collaborative partners, and at other meetings as deemed important to the advancement of First Place’s mission and
- Other duties as needed and
- A Master’s Degree in: Social work or social welfare; Marriage, family, and child counseling; Child psychology, child development; Counseling psychology, social psychology; Clinical psychology or Educational psychology; Education with a counseling emphasis; or Equivalent Master’s Degree in human services or behavioral science degree as determined by the licensing
- Three years of full-time social work or casework employment in the field of family or child welfare services required.
- LCSW or MFT with two years post licensure experience preferred
- Prior supervisorial experience a
- DIRECT SERVICE EXPERIENCE – at least 5 years’ experience working with underserved and
disadvantaged youth, preferably current and former foster youth.
- Knowledge of which local community referral resources will best meet the needs of youth in the My First Place
- PEOPLE, PROJECT, AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Exemplary people management skills, and effective team leadership skills. Cross-functional collaborative capacity. Ability to either take direction or work independently as the situation requires. Strong supervisory skills and proven success supporting staff development and
- FIELD KNOWLEDGE – Understanding of social service systems, with particular emphasis on the foster care system and services for young adults and young
- LEADERSHIP – Flexible, energetic, and outcomes-oriented self-starter who brings a creative approach to solving
- CULTURAL COMPETENCIES – Model a responsibility to self-awareness and awareness of others to recognize that individuals bring unique backgrounds, beliefs, values, and world-views. View racial and cultural differences as assets to the
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION – Committed to First Place for Youth’s dedication to thread accountability across all efforts to support and sustain a racially equitable Demonstrate a passion of advancing organizational DEI objectives and influencing others to approach all work with an equity lens. Promote processes and communication that encourage organizational cultural competence and inclusion.
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate, and analyze information, compose reports and correspondence, and present proven data in a clear and inspiring
- DECISIVE NATURE – Well-honed ability to independently anticipate and analyze situations, define problems and objectives, recognize viable alternatives and formulate rapid solutions, with understanding of the inherent risks and the implications of making tough
- COMPUTER SKILLS –Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and Experienced with database systems.
- AVAILABILITY for some evening and weekend work and for travel as needed.
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES – REQUIRED AT FIRST PLACE FOR THOSE WHO MANAGE OTHERS
- SYSTEM-WIDE THINKING – Builds vision guided by the Strategic Plan and the needs of youth being served Uses role to champion First Place’s strategic vision internally and externally · Strategizes and implements rather than just completes tasks.
- TEAM LEADERSHIP – Recognizes and hires the best people Creates a strong sense of job satisfaction and passion within each staff person and team · Invests in staff using both collaboration and guidance · Models desired behaviors • Builds on strengths and facilitates growth in areas of weakness • Seeks input, assesses risks and makes decisions • Creative approach to challenges • Creates and communicates vision and then empowers team to carry out that vision.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – Sets clear goals with staff and uses data to evaluate progress towards goals Facilitates other people’s realization of their maximum potential • proactively addresses performance issues by diagnosing problems, developing solutions and monitoring progress • Celebrates accomplishments.
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – Develops and implements operational systems that support the organizational mission regularly evaluates systems for effectiveness · Anticipates challenges and responds appropriately to unforeseen problems · Demonstrates good instincts regarding long-term impact and implications of action · Makes effective decisions and achieves results in the midst of change.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Concentrates efforts on First Place priorities • Ensures staff are focused on the right things • Develops efficient systems, processes and tools effectively and efficiently uses their own and other people’s time and resources.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/mdf/recruitment/previewJobDesc.html?lang=en_US&cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&ccId=19000101_000001